Monday 18 July 2011

I'm Singing in the Rain....

Well, here's my last evening blog from the Hotel Mela! Tomorrow is our last day! We need to check out by 12 noon but are not pocked up until 4.30pm to go to the airport!

Tonight the biggies had a stroll round Bryant Park before going back to get the other! They then headed to Times Square to do some touristy shopping! List for tomorrow: Ties!

The bad bit of the evening was ANOTHER visit to ETERNAL 21! sorry, Forever 21! However, this was the Times Square shop....not 5th Avenue! So that would be ok! WRONG, they are nothing but consistent! Only 4 floors this time...but just as few changing rooms and as many people trying to get in to them! Andrew and I walked round the shop as often as we could without seeming a little.....what's the word.....? Then we went or a walk round Times Square! That would help! No! Back we o and still no sign...despite another walk round all floors! So up to the entrance area again! This place should have a HEALTH WARNING posted outside and M&S style seatsvat the door for husbands, fathers, boy friends or anyone of the male gender (unless you are Gok Wan!) to while away the hours! Space invaders or hand held games! Or a system like public baths where shoppers are given a coloured band are old when they need to be out of the shop!

Anyway, eventually....after spring was beginning to show signs, did they appear again! Now it was off to the tourist shop and Hershey's! I don't know why but that always makes me think of the old, OLD programme that used to be on TV when I was young, TinTin or even 'The Flashing Blade'!

Anyway, on the way we were set a challenge! A mounted policeman was standing in Times Square near the TKTS booth! Linda dared us both to go and ask if we could get a photo of me ON the police horse! They do this thinking we won't do it! So, what the hell, it's the last night and they can deport me if necessary! We went up and explained about my blog and the policeman never batted an eyelid when he said he'd hold me! I could t o on the horse as he may, MAY, bolt off if a stranger is on him! So, not wishing to argue Andrew said that was fine and I got a photo with one of NYC's finest! A nice way to end the holiday!

Then on leaving the touristy shop it was PELTING it down! It was bucketing! It was reining very hard! Lightning flashed above and we made our way to the diner we were oing to for tea via he hotel to drop off the shopping! We had a lovely meal in the Red Draon Diner and even the two others enjoyed it!

Then it was back to pack and get ready for tomorrow!

I will blog tomorrow Shen I can! I just want to thank everyone fr taking the time to read my ramblings and look at my photos! I've had blast!

New York, New York - so good they named it twice! Perhaps I should change my name to Turra Ted, Turra Ted!

Anyway, more tomorrow if I can!

Thanks

Ted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment