Saturday 4 July 2015

Day 1 - Travelling

Well...here we go again.....or here I go again! I escaped from the upstairs room and am out on my annual jaunt....and this time I'm on my way back to Oz! 
I had an early morning getting up....looking at my case and wondering if I was all packed and ready. Paddington....he needed a hat, a marmalade sandwich and a sign saying,'Please look afte this bear, thank you!' Well....I have my new case...and my passport....and my kilt......what else do I need?

I arrived at Dyce airport and at first I thought we had come to a theme park! I'm in the case (as usual....I really need to find a better way to travel) and suddenly I feel like I'm on a roller coaster and then I feel these odd rays enter the case before carrying on on the roller coaster before coming to an abrupt end as the case hit the buffers! Apparently I was going through airport security and I'm sure the lady at the monitor must have got a fright when she saw me smiling back at her from inside the case! But the fact I had my passport must have been sufficient to pass the test!

I actually got to make a public appearance at the airport as the two biggies met people they knew....and so I was wheeled out for a photo op! The two, Miss Clark and her mum, are also heading for Oz and so I might manage to see them here and in Oz!

The flight to London was straight forward and I got a great view over central London as the plane came in to land!
It is a stunning city and is great from the air!

We landed at Terminal 5 and had to get to Terminal 4! Well, just follow the signs and all is good! The bus journey took 15 minutes! Imagine......driving that circular route day after day after day! 

Heathrow is like a country in its own right! The infrastructure is amazing and the network of road and rail all round it is amazingly complicated and when you consider how it has grown and expanded over the years it is amazing how it continues to expand! The maze of tunnels is amazing and we were above and under ground so many times in the 15 minute journey! 

They trailed round the shops.....well all the fancy shops and She bought more smelly stuff! Is it a prerequisite to buy smelly stuff while you are in an airport?? The guy in front spent £420 on smelly stuff! He must have a real odour problem going on there!

I am now waiting for my call to board....but I'm not sure if I'm going on a plane or a bus....they keep speaking about a double decker! If it's a bus then I'm off into hibernation for a few days till we get there!

Wish me luck! Perhaps I should have a tag.....'Please look after this bear!' - just in case!




No comments:

Post a Comment